Mount Lhotse Expedition
4 to 5 hours.
Lhotse, the fourth highest mountain of the world lies 3km south of Mt. Everest. Lhotse also means south face and follow the Everest climbing route as far until Camp four. An impressive ring of three peaks makes up the Lhotse massif. Mount Lhotse east or middle, Lhotse and mount Lhotse Shar.
This mountain was first successfully climbed only in 1984. From Base camp, climbers need to ascend the famous Khumbu Icefall entering Western CWM and reach camp two, which is surrounded by Nuptse, Lhotse, Everest South West face. Up above the route steepens while climbing icy Lhotse face to Camp three. After, route passes through Yellow band to Camp four. Above it the icy gully, rocky sections challenges the way upto the summit.
DAY 01 : ARRIVAL IN KATHMANDU TRANSFER HOTEL
DAY 02-03 : Document application, briefing and preparation
DAY 04 : Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla Airport and trek till Phakding
DAY 05 : Trek from Phakding to Namchebazar 3440m.
DAY 06 : REST DAY FOR ACCLIMATIZATION IN NAMCHE
DAY 07 : Trek to Tengboche
DAY 08 : Trek to Dingboche
DAY 09 : Trek to Lobuche
DAY 10 : REST DAY FOR ACCLIMATIZATION IN LOBUCHE
DAY 11 : Trek to Gorakshep
DAY 12 : Trek to Lhotse Base camp
DAY 13-38 : CLIMBING PERIOD FOR LHOTSE PEAK
DAY 39 : Trek down from base camp to Dingboche via Lobuche
DAY 40 : Trek to Tengboche
DAY 41 : Trek to Namche Bazar
DAY 42 : Trek to Lukhla
DAY 43 : : Fly Back to Kathmandu
DAY 44 : Rest day at Kathmandu
DAY 45 : EXPEDITION ENDS, FAREWELL AND DEPARTURE
- All airport/hotel/airport transfers
- 5 nights hotel (5 star, Annapurna or similar) in Kathmandu, bb plan
- Lhotse Expedition permit, Sagarmatha National park and necessary permit fee.
- Scheduled flight : Kathmandu/Lukla/Kathmandu
- 60 Kg weight per climber is allowed
- Necessary porters and mules for carrying equipment & loads
- Twin sharing accommodation in lodge/teahouse while trekking
- 3 times meals per day, teas & coffees in trekking & base camp days
- 1 tent per climber of North face or similar for Base Camp
- Dining, Kitchen, Store tent, mattress and all camping facilities needed in BC
- Experienced and professional staff at BC : Base camp manager, cook, kitchen boy
- Government liaisons officer
- Equipment allowance, wages, life, medical & life, medical & rescue insurance for all Nepali members.
- Emergency oxygen, mask & regulator at ABC (use and pay)
- Immediate Rescue co-ordination (covered by your travel insurance)
- Group climbing equipment such as fixed rope, snow bar, ice screw etc.
- Generator or solar panel for charging & lighting in Base camp
- Gamow bag (Life saving device in case of altitude sickness) provided
- Satellite phone on pay call basis (1min = $ 3)
- Garbage deposit fee
- Visa Extension fee
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Agency service charge
- International flight ticket, taxes and visas
- Lunch & dinner, hotel after 5 nights in Kathmandu
- Personal trekking & climbing equipment
- Excess personal climber baggage transport Ktm-lua-BC $ 10 per kg one way.
- All expenses of personal nature like bar bills, laundry, telephone etc.
- Insurance for travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & lost baggage.
- Applicable permit fee & custom fee for SAT phone, filming camera, communications – equipment (if brought)
- Climbing Bonus & summit bonus for climbing Sherpa (if you use Sherpa), Tips for Base Camp Staff
- Climbing Bonus & Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa (if you use Sherpa) : Camp 8300m. = USD 1000 & over 8300m. to summit = USD 500 = 1500 USD extra payable for climbing Sherpa on the spot.
- All not mentioned in cost include part
- Full board climbing option: USD 17500 per person
- Climbing Sherpa: USD 2500 per person
- Russian oxygen 4 litters: USD 400 (Re-fill)
- Mask & Regulator per set: USD 600 (Re-use)
Fourth Highest Mountain on Earth.
Mahalangur Himalaya Range
In 1956, 18th of May
Ernst Reiss, Switzerland