Mount Nuptse Expedition
Only Spring: APRIL and MAY
4 to 5 hours of walk per day while trekking.
Nuptse mountain of 7864 meter height is dramatic peak when viewing from south or west. It is above base camp for south col route to the Everest. Nuptse as a huge wall guards the approach to Everest and Lhotse peak. The interesting features of this mountain is that its south face is 2500m high and 5 km wide. This mountain was first climbed by British expedition team with Nepali sherpa in 1961 ad. On April 30, 2017 famous Swiss mountaineer Ueli Steck also known as Swiss machine died while on acclimatization climb on north face of this mountain wall.
- DAY 01 – Arrival in Kathmandu
- DAY 02 – Fly to Lukla (28040) and trek to Phakding (2610m) 3 hrs.
- DAY 03 – Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3441m) 5-6 hrs
- DAY 04 – Acclimatization day.
- DAY 05 – Namche Bazaar to Tengboche .6 hrs
- DAY 06 – Tengboche to Dingboche. 6 hrs.
- DAY 07 – Dingboche to Lobuche. 6-7 hrs
- DAY 08 – Lobuche to Gorakshep (5288m) 3hrs. Excursion to Everest Base camp (5360m) 3hrs.
- DAY 09 – Morning climb to Kalapathar (5545m) 4hrs. Trek back to Lobuche
- DAY 10 – Lobuche to Nuptse base camp
- DAY 11-29 – CLIMBING PERIOD FOR NUPTSE PEAK
- DAY 30 – Clean base camp and trek to Pheriche
- DAY 31 – Pheriche to Namche. 7-8 hrs
- DAY 32 – Namche to Phakding to Lukla. 6-7 hrs
- DAY 33 – Fly Lukla to Kathmandu
- DAY 34 – Rest day in Kathmandu
- DAY 35 – Expedition ends, Farewell and departure
1. Arrival and Departure
Cost includes all the transfers to hotel from airport and vice-versa during the package.
2. Accomodation at Kathmandu
This includes Bed and breakfast in star Hotel at Kathmandu during the package.
3. Climbing Permit Fees
Fees are to be paid to Sagarmatha National Parkm, TIMS Permission Fee, Expedition Royalty fee and Permission from Nepal Government.
4. Liasion Officer Fee
One Liaison officer is mandatory, accompany us throughout the expedition. $2500 is to be paid which includes the salary and accommodation.
5. Garbage Deposit Amount
To maintain the environment of Everest, cleanliness is must.
6. Khumbu Icefall
It is to be paid to the climbing member of Sagarmatha pollution control Committee.
7. Insurance of staff
As the law imposes, insurance of all the hired staff while expedition is must. It includes Medical insurance and rescue insurance throughout the journey.
8. Transporting Mount Everest Expedition Team
Includes domestic flight to lukhla, back and forth.
9. Transportating Climbing Gears and Camp Management
All the goods and climbing gears are carried by air cargo till Lukhla and by Yak or Porter till Basecanp. This is done while returning as well.
10. lodging and Fooding
Three days a meal including tea or coffee while trekking. Stay at night are arranged at Tea House, hotels or Lodge on the way.
70 kilos of weight per member is included, if in case it exceeds then its chargeable.
12. Tent at Base Camp
This includes member tent each with mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent, store tent, toilet tent and shower tent.
13. Base Camp Equipment
This includes heater at Dining Tent, Solar panel, Generator and Lights. All the kitchen materials are also available.
Expert High Camp Kitchen Team, Base Camp Manager, porters and helpers.
15. Renumeration and Clothing to staffs
16. Medical Supplies Kit for staff
- International flight ticket, taxes and visas
- Lunch & dinner, hotel after 5 nights in Kathmandu
- Personal trekking & climbing equipment
- Excess personal climber baggage transport Ktm-lua-BC $ 10 per kg one way.
- All expenses of personal nature like bar bills, laundry, telephone etc.
- Insurance for travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & lost baggage.
- Applicable permit fee & custom fee for SAT phone, filming camera, communications – equipment (if brought)
- Climbing Bonus & summit bonus for climbing Sherpa (if you use Sherpa), Tips for Base Camp Staff
- Climbing Bonus & Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa (if you use Sherpa) : Camp 8300m. = USD 1000 & over 8300m. to summit = USD 500 = 1500 USD extra payable for climbing Sherpa on the spot.
- All not mentioned in cost include part
Climbing Sherpa: USD 3000 per sherpa
Russian oxygen 4 litters: USD 400 (Re-fill)
Mask & Regulator per set USD 600 (Re-use)
- Jaw dropping scenic flight to and from Lukla
- Get among the hustle and bustle of market town Namche Bazaar
- Explore culture, villages and lifestyle of Sherpa community
- Trek to foot of almighty Mt. Everest.
- Hike to Kalapattar, EBC for acclimatization
- Enjoy breathtaking views of Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse and many more
- Spectacular view of the Khumbu Ice Fall besides soaring mountains.