Mount Baruntse Expedition
4 to 5 hours of walk per day while trekking.
Mount Baruntse was fist ascended by Coil Todd and Geoff Harrow in 30 May 1954. The climb to this peak is straight forward and has hard section of 50% degree elevation with ice cliff causing risk of avalanche. The best season regarding safety to climb this peak is considered as Spring however in autumn also it could be climb. According to the schedule, our expedition starts from taking flight to Lukla airport, gateway to Khumbu region then trekking approximately 11 days on foot to Baruntse Base camp. The five lakes (Panch Pokhari) lie nearby with the height of 5200m which is regarded as a holy place and is worshiped by devotees of Hindu & Buddhist religion as they have faith to goddess five sisters. The Baruntse has been climbed through Arun valley and Makalu Base Camp too.
- DAY 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
- DAY 02: Preparation and Briefing for Departure to Everest Region
- DAY 03: MORNING FLIGHT FROM KATHMANDU TO LUKLA(2800M) 35MINS. REST IN LUKLA FOR ACCLIMATIZATION. ACCOMMODATION IN LODGE
- DAY 04: Trek to Chutanga(3050m) 4hrs. Accommodation in lodge
- DAY 05: Trek to Thuli Kharka (Chatra-La) (3900m) 7hrs.Trek over the Zatrawa La Pass (4610m) and down to Khartitang at (3900m). Accommodation in teahouse
- DAY 06: Trek to Kothe (4095m) 5hrs. Accommodation in teahouse
- DAY 07: Trek to Thangnak (4350m) 4 hrs. You will enjoy fantastic views of the South face of Mera peak throughout the day.
- DAY 08: Rest and acclimatization day at Thangnak(4,350mt). Here you will visit Sabal Tsho Lake and take an acclimatization hike to a large cairn at (5271m) on the flank of Kusum Kangguru peak (6367m).
- DAY 09: Trek to Khare (5045m)3 hrs. Accommodation in teahouse
- DAY 10: Trek to Mera La (Pass) (5350m) 5hrs. Camping
- DAY 11: Trek to Seto Pokhari Camp (4850m) 5hrs. Camping
- DAY 12: Trek to Baruntse Base Camp (5300m). Prepare base camp.
- DAY 13-27: CLIMBING PERIOD OF BARUNTSE (7129M)
- DAY 28: Clean up base camp) Trek to Seto Pokhari (4850m) 6hrs. Camping
- DAY 29: Trek to Mera La (5350m/17,542ft.)6hrs. Camping
- DAY 30: Trek to Kothe(3600m) 5hrs.
- DAY 31: Trek to Thuli Kharka(3900m) 5hrs.
- DAY 32: Trek to Lukla(2800m) via Zatrwa La Pass(4610m) 9 hrs. This is your last evening in the mountain. It would be an ideal opportunity for a farewell party with our staff.
- DAY 33: FLY FROM LUKLA TO KATHMANDU (1350M) 35MINS.TRANSFER TO HOTEL.
- DAY 34: Leisure day shopping in Kathmandu; Farewell celebration dinner with culture program in the evening.
- DAY 35: Transfer to airport for final departure
1. Arrival and Departure
Cost includes all the transfers to hotel from airport and vice-versa during the package.
2. Accomodation at Kathmandu
This includes Bed and breakfast in star Hotel at Kathmandu during the package.
3. Climbing Permit Fees
Fees are to be paid to Sagarmatha National Parkm, TIMS Permission Fee, Expedition Royalty fee and Permission from Nepal Government.
4. Liasion Officer Fee
One Liaison officer is mandatory, accompany us throughout the expedition. $2500 is to be paid which includes the salary and accommodation.
5. Garbage Deposit Amount
To maintain the environment of Everest, cleanliness is must.
6. Khumbu Icefall
It is to be paid to the climbing member of Sagarmatha pollution control Committee.
7. Insurance of staff
As the law imposes, insurance of all the hired staff while expedition is must. It includes Medical insurance and rescue insurance throughout the journey.
8. Transporting Mount Everest Expedition Team
Includes domestic flight to lukhla, back and forth.
9. Transportating Climbing Gears and Camp Management
All the goods and climbing gears are carried by air cargo till Lukhla and by Yak or Porter till Basecanp. This is done while returning as well.
10. lodging and Fooding
Three days a meal including tea or coffee while trekking. Stay at night are arranged at Tea House, hotels or Lodge on the way.
70 kilos of weight per member is included, if in case it exceeds then its chargeable.
12. Tent at Base Camp
This includes member tent each with mattress, kitchen tent, dining tent, store tent, toilet tent and shower tent.
13. Base Camp Equipment
This includes heater at Dining Tent, Solar panel, Generator and Lights. All the kitchen materials are also available.
Expert High Camp Kitchen Team, Base Camp Manager, porters and helpers.
15. Renumeration and Clothing to staffs
16. Medical Supplies Kit for staff
- International flight ticket, taxes and visas
- Lunch & dinner, hotel after 5 nights in Kathmandu
- Personal trekking & climbing equipment
- Excess personal climber baggage transport Ktm-lua-BC $ 10 per kg one way.
- All expenses of personal nature like bar bills, laundry, telephone etc.
- Insurance for travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & lost baggage.
- Applicable permit fee & custom fee for SAT phone, filming camera, communications – equipment (if brought)
- Climbing Bonus & summit bonus for climbing Sherpa (if you use Sherpa), Tips for Base Camp Staff
- Climbing Bonus & Summit bonus for climbing Sherpa (if you use Sherpa) : Camp 8300m. = USD 1000 & over 8300m. to summit = USD 500 = 1500 USD extra payable for climbing Sherpa on the spot.
- All not mentioned in cost include part
Climbing sherpa: USD 2500 per sherpa
Full board expedition: USD 10,500 per sherpa
Russian oxygen 4 litters: USD 400
Mask & Regulator per set: USD 600