Mount Saribung Expedition
4 to 5 hours of walk per day while trekking.
Saribung Peak 6387m, lies in the isolated Damodar Himal and near Damodar Kunda which is very closed to border of Tibet and Nepal. Saribung Peak climbing is Ideal Mountain for those who wish to get off the beaten track of Lo-Manthang which is recently introduced in 2006 AD. Till date, only a few of climbers have reached to the summit of this Peak. This peak is a technical climbing though considered to be a challenging expedition due to altitude variation and remoteness of the area. Stretched dry rugged terrain and glacier travel mode for the most part with at the most a couple of sections of fixed line requiring the use of a jumar and other climbing gears.
Our route follows the same as Upper Mustang Trek to Lo-Manthang and Lury Gompa before heading off into the wilderness of Namta Khola Valley. After ascending the peak summit, we trek to Phu Valley in Manang which is also worth to visit and ends Besi Shahar and drive back to Kathmandu.
- DAY 01: Arrive in Kathmandu
- DAY 02: Document collection, briefing and preparation
- DAY 03: DRIVE KATHMANDU – POKHARA
- DAY 04: Fly to Jomosom and trek to Kagbeni (2720m)
- DAY 05: Kagbeni – Chele (3050 m)
- DAY 06: Chele – Samar – Geling (3540 m)
- DAY 07: Geling – Dhakmar (3820 m)
- DAY 08: Dhakmar – Lo Manthang (3750 m)
- DAY 09: Lo Manthang – Dhi Gaon (3360 m)
- DAY 10: Dhi Gaon – Yara – Luri Gompa
- DAY 11: Yara- Ghuma Tanthi
- DAY 12: Ghuma Tanthi – Parsye Khola
- DAY 13: Parsye Khola – Namta Khola
- DAY 14: Namta Khola – Saribung Base Camp (5240 m)
- DAY 15-16: CLIMBING PERIOD FOR SARIBUNG PEAK
- DAY 17: Saribung bc to Phu village
- Day 18: Visit around Phu Village
- DAY 19: Phu – Meta
- DAY 20: Meta – Koto
- DAY 21: Koto – Dharapani
- DAY 22: Dharapani – Jagat
- DAY 23: Jagat – Bhulbhule
- DAY 24: BHULBHULE – BESI SAHAR – KATHMANDU
- DAY 25: Rest and shopping in Kathmandu
- DAY 26: Expedition ends, farewell and departure
- All airport/hotel/airport transfers
- 4 nights hotel (5 star, Annapurna or similar) in Kathmandu, bb plan
- 1 night hotel in Pokhara, Bb plan.
- Saribung peak permit, Upper Mustang permit, ACAP and necessary permit fee.
- Scheduled flight : Pokhara to Jomsom
- 30 Kg weight per climber is allowed
- Necessary porters and mules for carrying equipment & loads
- Twin sharing accommodation in lodge/teahouse while trekking
- 3 times meals per day, teas & coffees in trekking & base camp days
- 1 tent per climber of North face or similar for Base Camp
- Dining, Kitchen, Store tent, mattress and all camping facilities needed in BC
- Experienced and professional staff at BC : Base camp manager, cook, kitchen boy
- Government liaisons officer
- Equipment allowance, wages, life, medical & life, medical & rescue insurance for all Nepali members.
- Immediate Rescue co-ordination (covered by your travel insurance)
- Group climbing equipment such as fixed rope, snow bar, ice screw etc.
- Satellite phone on pay call basis (1min = $ 3)
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Agency service charge
- International flight ticket, taxes and visas
- Lunch & dinner, hotel after 4 nights in Kathmandu
- Personal trekking & climbing equipment
- All expenses of personal nature like bar bills, laundry, telephone etc.
- Insurance for travel, accident, medical, emergency evacuation & lost baggage.
- Applicable permit fee & custom fee for SAT phone, filming camera, communications – equipment (if brought)
- Climbing Bonus & summit bonus for climbing Sherpa (if you use Sherpa), Tips for Base Camp Staff.
- All not mentioned in cost include part.
- Climbing Sherpa: USD 500 per sherpa
- Russian oxygen 4 litters: USD 400 (Re-fill)
- Mask & Regulator per set USD 600 (Re-use)